Statement of Faith
The NHA asserts to agree on one Gospel, focusing on the essentials so that those of all denominations can work together. Below are the eight key statements on which the NHA is built:
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Bible is God’s written revelation to humanity that is divinely inspired, authoritative and without error.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us and His return to earth in power and glory.
4. We believe in the personhood and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracles of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live godly lives.
5. We believe that humanity was created in the image of God, but because of sin was alienated from God. That alienation can be removed only by accepting, by grace alone through faith, evidenced by love, God’s gift of salvation which was made possible by the suffering, death, and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.
6. We believe, as the community of believers, that we must strive to make Christ known and present to the people of New Hampshire.
7. We believe the covenant of marriage is a gift from God exclusively uniting one man and one woman, and, outside of marriage covenant, all relationships must maintain sexual purity.
8. We believe that each human life should be valued, cared for, nurtured and protected from the point of his/her conception to the point of his/her death.